Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thing 23: Reflection

23 Things has expanded my knowledge of new Internet technologies. I was already familiar with some, but I was forced to rethink how to use these as a librarian/teacher. From those that I wasn't familiar with, I learned so much. My favorite new thing was blog readers. I subscribed to many different blogs through Google Reader and now check my Google Reader on my phone several times a day to keep up with the reading. My least favorite was Twitter, although I did begin following the Pigeon from Mo Willem's books. Very funny little bird, he is.

The most challenging thing for me was Digg. I did find a lot of articles and photos to look at, but it was difficult for me to find anything I truly Dugg. Maybe if I keep playing with it it will get easier.

In the library I definitely see me using Flickr mashups and Image Generators for creating posters and other graphics for the library. I am currently using Google Reader to keep up with many blogs that offer book reviews and SmartBoard tips. I love del.icio.us for keeping up with bookmarks and sharing bookmarks with colleagues. I wish our district wouldn't block it. I will definitely use wikis with the teachers for sharing ideas and possibly with the second graders for sharing information found through research. Google Docs is something I already use and must share with others.

What an adventure! I learned a lot, and am prepared to share so much information with the teachers on my campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment