Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thing 21: Podcasts

Nancy Keane's Booktalks Quick and Simple was definitely quick and simple. She gives a very short (30 second) synopsis of each book.

Children's Book Radio podcasts about children's books and interviews the authors of the books. Usually longer podcast (30 minutes).

Book Bites for Kids interviews authors and has a day devoted to listeners who call in and promote recently published books (30 minutes). Quick download, but lower quality audio.

I enjoyed listening to the podcast interviews of authors. I found it interesting to learn the reasons they had for writing particular books and hardshilps they faced while writing. I would use this resources for myself when choosing books for the library. I cannot see my young patrons enjoying listening to them for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment