Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thing 16: LibraryThing

LibraryThing offers users a chance to catalog their personal books in one place. It is used by many, hence the reason for some strange groups that I found while searching for a group that I might be interested in (exotic male dancers - I don't really want to know what they read). I did find a useful group that is an elementary school. Teachers go on LibraryThing and catalog classroom books so that others in the building can locate a specific book for a lesson they are teaching. Not a bad idea. I wonder if LibraryThing is blocked by my district.
I also found a group called Children's Fiction that has some interesting posts that might be helpful to me.
When adding a book to your collection you are able to search by title or ISBN. By allowing ISBN searches, the exact format and copyright information will be displayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment